Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 - 6 people
- 2.25 lbs shrimps, deveined and tails removed
- 1 lbs mozzarella, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
- 9 oz sour cream
- shredded Iceberg lettuce
- sliced red onion
- lime wedges
- 2 mangos, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- fresh chives, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Preheat the Plancha to medium heat and add the butter and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over the shrimps to keep it all together.
- Cook the shrimps until they are nice and pink, about 2 minutes a side.
- Warm up the tortillas, spread them with sour cream.
- Add the shredded lettuce and slices of red onion.
- Add the grilled shrimps, cheese and cover with the mango salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges and an ice cold beer!
Make sure your shrimps are fresh, this makes a big difference!
You can use fresh fish cubed, squid or pieces of chicken in order to substitute the shrimps.
Serve them straight off the grill to get the stringy cheesy bites!