Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 whole fish of your choice, scaled and cleaned
- 2.25 pounds prawns, cleaned whole
- 2.25 pounds mussels
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 4 fresh lemons, juiced
- 4 fresh lemons, cut into round slices
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh lemongrass
- 1 half thumb length of fresh ginger
- 2 - 6 fresh chilies, depending on heat preference
- 1.7 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 100ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50ml butter
- Chop the parsley, dill and chilies. (Keep some dill aside for the stuffing.)
- Mix the herbs with the juice of 2 lemons, 50ml olive oil, half the grated ginger, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, and chopped chilies, to create a marinade.
- Stuff the fish with slices of lemon, lemongrass and fresh dill.
- Generously rub the fish with the marinade.
Prawns & Mussels
- Melt the butter.
- Add a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley, the juice of 2 lemons and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Save some of this mixture for the mussels.
- Baste your prawns in this sauce.
- Baste the mussels and add a pinch of parmesan cheese to each one.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat.
- With your fish generously coated in marinade, place it on the grill.
- Grill time depends on the thickness of the fish - roughly 10 minutes per inch.
- As soon as you turn the fish, add the basted prawns to the grill.
- Close the lid.
- When your fish is 2 minutes to ready, open the grill and remove it.
- Place slices of lemon on the grill.
- Return the fish to the grill, placing it on top of the lemon.
- Now add the mussels.
- Close the lid and allow the fish to finish cooking.
- Your fish, prawns and mussels will all be ready at the same time.
If your fish is 1.25 inches thick, then you need to grill for 10 minutes – that’s 5 minutes per side, turning once.
The mussels only need 2 minutes to cook in the closed grill.
Better served together with a leafy green salad with citrus notes.