Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
For the Pork Belly:
- 2 lbs of pork belly, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
For the garnish:
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced cucumber strips
- Turn your Megamaster on to medium heat.
- Add some olive oil to the Megamaster cast iron pan (you can also use an enamel pan) and place on grill. Once heated,add the pork belly cubes.
- Fry, fat side down, for around 10 minutes to let the fat render. Pork belly is extremely fatty and needs time to get crispy.
- As soon as the fat is golden and crispy, turn over and fry for 10 minutes on the other side, or until it is all golden and crispy.
- Add the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, honey, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook, tossing for 3-5 minutes or until the pork is coated in sauce and the sauce is sticky.
- Serve with rice, thinly sliced cucumber strips and some spring onions.
Ask your butcher to cut the pork belly into cubes for you, with skin removed – this reduces cooking time.
You can use your cast iron or enamel pan directly on the gas or charcoal grill.
This dish is very rich; the cucumber cuts through the fattiness.