Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
4 - 6 people
- 3.25 pounds ground beef (70% beef / 30% fat)
- fresh chopped chives
- coarsely chopped garlic
- pickled jalapeños, sliced
- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 wheels of feta cheese
- ground pepper
- coarse sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat the grill to high heat, between 392°F - 482°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together, make sure not to overwork the meat.
- Overworking the meat will make the burgers dense and dry.
- Gently using your hands, form meatballs with the meat then gently press them down to take the shape of burger patties.
- Lightly brush the patties with some olive oil and throw them on the grill.
- 3 minutes a side will get you a nice and pink center, 4 minutes for medium.
Make sure that you don't overwork and over mince the meat. Coarse is the name of the game.
Don't feel limited by the ingredients mixed in with the meat, use chopped chorizo and smoked paprika for a Spanish style burger or try finely chopped parsley, sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan for an Italian style burger.
Ask your butcher for a coarse ground beef mix, made up from brisket and chuck for that extra beefy flavor.