Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
25 - 30 Crumpets
- 500ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 250ml milk
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add half of the milk and the melted butter to the egg mixture. Stir well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mixture.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth mixture.
- If all ingredients are well mixed, then don’t stir anymore.
- Drop a spoonful of dough into a hot greased Griddle cooking surface or a heavy bottom frying pan.
- Turn once the top is full of air bubbles (bottom should be golden brown) and bake on the other side.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and crispy bacon.
Leave out the bacon and serve with whipped cream and strawberries for a romantic breakfast.
Use heart shaped stainless steel cookie cutters to make heart shaped pancakes for your loved one.
For a savoury option, take two pancakes and fill them with ham and cheese.