Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 4 x 12 oz. rib eye steaks
FOR OLIVE OIL RUB:
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub, ensuring they are mixed well.
- Rub the rib eye steaks with a little bit of olive oil, then coat all sides with the dry rub.
- Preheat your Megamaster grill to high heat. Place steaks on the grill and flip occasionally to ensure they develop that tantalizing sear. Use a Megamaster Meat Thermometer for perfect results: it should ready approximately 130 degrees for medium rare and 135 degrees for medium.
- Let rib eye steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving.
For extra flavor, top the rib eye steaks with a teaspoon of butter while they are resting.
These rib eye steaks make great taco fillings when cut into thin slices.
Using freshly ground coffee beans (as opposed to pre-ground coffee) makes a huge difference in flavor.