Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 x 6 oz salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1 cup Sriracha
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- 2 cedar planks for grilling
- In a large bowl, whisk together Sriracha, lemon juice and honey. Reserve some of the marinade for basting the salmon whilst on the grill.
- Add salmon to a large self-sealing bag or a deep dish and pour over marinade. Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight for better results.
- Soak the ceder planks in water for an hour before using them on the grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and place the ceder planks on the grill for 2 minutes then turn them.
- Put the salmon onto the ceder planks and close the lid and cook for 20 minutes or until the fish begins to flake.
- Baste with marinade after 10 minutes and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Serve on the plank and garnish with chives.
Buy the freshest salmon by checking your fillets are firm with a deep pink colour.
Choose fillets with smooth cuts. Cuts of salmon that have gaps or separation of muscle fibers may indicate old fish.
Serve as is or alongside par-grilled vegetables, sweet potato fries or in soft-shell tacos.