Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 Whole Turkey Wings (separated)
- 1/2 Cup - Your favorite rub
- 2 Cups - Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Season wings with BBQ rub and refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Set up your grill for indirect grilling and preheat to 325ºF. (For extra flavor, use 2 pieces of cherry wood.)
- Cook with the lid closed at 325ºF over indirect heat for 45 minutes.
- Once browned, baste liberally with the BBQ sauce.
- Close the lid and grill for 10 minutes.
- Flip wings, baste again, close lid and grill another 10 minutes.
- Flip wings, one final time, baste, increase the temperature to 400ºF,
- Close the lid and grill for 5 more minutes.
- Total grill time 1 hour, 10 minutes.
Organic turkey is an excellent choice if you're looking for a healthier meat option. It's cheaper than heritage turkey and completely free of antibiotics. And it won't be super tough or gamey.
Practice makes perfect. If you're using a new recipe, or you don't often use your grill, put some time aside to practice and perfect your dish. Trust us; if you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, you'll be glad you did a dress rehearsal.
Bake your own dinner rolls. Not only does this add a special touch to your Thanksgiving meal, but it's a great make-ahead dish. Bake, freeze and reheat on the day.